'They Shot Me Three Times, But the Bullet Didn't Penetrate, It Only Bruised My Back' — Victim

A witness has recounted a terrifying experience during an alleged politically motivated attack in Osun State, claiming he was shot three times in the back but survived with only bruises.

According to a report by Arise News, the witness shared his account while describing what he alleged was growing insecurity and political violence ahead of local government elections in the state.

Narrating the incident during the broadcast, he said, "They shot me three times at my back, but the bullet did not penetrate, it only bruised my back."

The witness said he was fortunate to survive the attack despite being hit multiple times, adding that the incident left him shaken and concerned about the worsening security situation.

"I thank God that I'm alive today because I never believed I would survive after they opened fire on me. I thought that was the end of my life," he said.

He alleged that the attack was politically motivated and claimed that residents now live in fear because of recurring incidents of violence.

"People are no longer safe. Everybody is afraid because nobody knows who will be attacked next. We cannot continue to live like this," he said.

The witness appealed to the authorities to take urgent action to restore security and protect innocent residents.

"We want the government and security agencies to act immediately because lives are at risk. Nobody should have to go through what I experienced," he said.

He also called on security agencies to thoroughly investigate the incident and bring those responsible to justice.

"We want justice. Those behind this attack should be identified and prosecuted so that this kind of thing will not continue. If they are not punished, others may be encouraged to do the same," he added.

The incident has added to concerns over security in Osun State as political activities intensify ahead of the local government elections, with stakeholders urging all parties to embrace peaceful conduct and respect the rule of law.


Yoruba

Publisher

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Popular Items