Bandit: I Saw Fire From Gun, I Ran To Meet Them, They Said Madam Did We Shoot You, I Said No-Friday

Ukamaka Friday, a family member of one of the victims of the recent kidnapping attack along the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and Nasarawa border, has recounted the harrowing moment she witnessed gunfire during the attack, unaware that the bullets were striking her husband.

Friday shared the emotional account during an interview on Arise News, on Thursday, 2 July, 2026, while describing the events surrounding the deadly attack by suspected kidnappers. 

Her testimony comes as security agencies continue investigating the incident following the arrest of several suspects linked to the kidnapping syndicate.

According to Friday, she had taken refuge in a neighbour's house when the attackers opened fire. From where she was hiding, she could see flashes from the guns but did not realise that her husband was the one being shot.

"I was in my neighbour's house and I was seeing fire coming out from gun, I didn't know it was my husband's body all the bullet were entering. 

I ran to meet them and they said "madam, did we wound you. I said no." did we shoot you ", I said no. They said we have already killed your husband," she said.

She explained that she only later discovered the tragic reality, describing the experience as one that has left her and her family deeply traumatised. 

Her account underscores the devastating human cost of kidnapping-related violence affecting communities along the FCT and Nasarawa border.

Friday's testimony adds to a growing number of accounts from survivors and relatives of victims, many of whom have spoken publicly about the fear and loss they experienced during the attack. 

Police have also questioned several suspects, whose statements form part of the ongoing investigation into the killings.

Authorities say investigators are working to establish the full circumstances surrounding the incident and determine the specific roles played by each suspect before prosecutions begin.


Yoruba

Publisher

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Popular Items