Veteran Nollywood actor, lawyer, and politician Kenneth Okonkwo has reflected on his personal journey of financial growth, recounting how he moved into a duplex in Lagos at a young age before later building mansions in Nigeria's Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Speaking during an interview on Channels Television, Okonkwo said one of the memorable moments of his early adult life came in 1994 when he rented his own duplex at 5 Cobham Street in Lagos using money he had earned himself.
According to him, securing the house while still a young man marked an important milestone in his life because it showed that he had become financially independent through hard work and determination.
Sharing the experience, Okonkwo said, "By 1994 in Lagos I packed into my own duplex which as a young man of 20 years I rented myself at 5 Cobham Street in Lagos, and I lived there for 14 years."
He explained that the duplex remained his home for more than a decade before he eventually relocated to Abuja in search of new opportunities.
The actor said his financial situation had improved significantly by the time he moved to the Federal Capital Territory. Rather than looking for another duplex to rent, he decided to begin constructing his own houses.
"When I came to Abuja, I couldn't start living in duplex again, I started building mansions to the glory of God," he added.
Okonkwo credited his progress to God's faithfulness, saying every stage of his life prepared him for greater achievements. He expressed gratitude for how his career and personal life had developed over the years, noting that persistence, discipline, and dedication played important roles in his success.
According to him, his story demonstrates that steady effort and patience can produce remarkable results over time. He encouraged people not to be discouraged by humble beginnings but to remain focused on their goals while trusting God and continuing to work hard.
His comments offered a personal reflection on the growth he has experienced throughout his career in entertainment, law, and politics. They also highlighted how his living standards changed over the years—from renting a duplex in Lagos as a young man to becoming a property owner who built houses in Abuja.
Okonkwo's remarks have attracted attention online, with many social media users describing his journey as an inspiring example of perseverance and long-term personal development.
Speaking during an interview on Channels Television, Okonkwo said one of the memorable moments of his early adult life came in 1994 when he rented his own duplex at 5 Cobham Street in Lagos using money he had earned himself.
According to him, securing the house while still a young man marked an important milestone in his life because it showed that he had become financially independent through hard work and determination.
Sharing the experience, Okonkwo said, "By 1994 in Lagos I packed into my own duplex which as a young man of 20 years I rented myself at 5 Cobham Street in Lagos, and I lived there for 14 years."
He explained that the duplex remained his home for more than a decade before he eventually relocated to Abuja in search of new opportunities.
The actor said his financial situation had improved significantly by the time he moved to the Federal Capital Territory. Rather than looking for another duplex to rent, he decided to begin constructing his own houses.
"When I came to Abuja, I couldn't start living in duplex again, I started building mansions to the glory of God," he added.
Okonkwo credited his progress to God's faithfulness, saying every stage of his life prepared him for greater achievements. He expressed gratitude for how his career and personal life had developed over the years, noting that persistence, discipline, and dedication played important roles in his success.
According to him, his story demonstrates that steady effort and patience can produce remarkable results over time. He encouraged people not to be discouraged by humble beginnings but to remain focused on their goals while trusting God and continuing to work hard.
His comments offered a personal reflection on the growth he has experienced throughout his career in entertainment, law, and politics. They also highlighted how his living standards changed over the years—from renting a duplex in Lagos as a young man to becoming a property owner who built houses in Abuja.
Okonkwo's remarks have attracted attention online, with many social media users describing his journey as an inspiring example of perseverance and long-term personal development.
Tags:
News